This is a great dish that can be made in advance and frozen for later use. You do not need a tagine pot; a small casserole dish will do easily.
6 boned chicken thighs – cut in half to make 12 pieces
½ cup of white wine, sherry, or chicken stock
1 medium carrot – thinly cut
1 medium onion – thinly cut
Chopped coriander for decoration
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Place carrot and jar of Tunisian spiced date & orange pickle in a bowl. Rinse jar of pickle out with the white wine/sherry/chicken stock.
- Brown onion in olive oil. Place into bowl with carrot, Tunisian spiced date & orange pickle and white wine/sherry/chicken stock. Blend well.
- Add chicken thighs to the same fry pan that has had the onion in it and seal both sides.
- Either in the tagine or casserole dish, place 1/3 of the pickle mixture on the bottom, layer sealed chicken thighs on top and then cover with remaining pickle mixture.
- Cook in the oven for 40mins.
- Serve with rice or polenta and chopped coriander.
Throughout the Tar10 range I am inspired to create gluten and preservative free products using only the freshet Australian ingredients. I am passionate about my range and I really hope that you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed creating them. - Melanie