Garlic and Rosemary Beef Bourguignon
Add a garlic & rosemary essence to create a rich and hearty stew.
- 100ml Tar10 Garlic and Rosemary Infused Olive Oil
- 2.5kg diced chuck steak
- Salt and pepper
- 50gm butter
- 750gm whole button mushrooms
- 500gm bacon, julienne sliced
- 2-3 bunches spring onions, halved depending on size
- 1/2 bunch oregano leaves, or to taste
- 2 tabs dark brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- Coat the meat with the flour and seasoning.
- Melt the oil and butter and brown the meat in equal batches. Remove meat.
- In the same pan add mushrooms, bacon, onions and oregano. Cook until bacon is light brown.
- Add meat and juices, sugar, bay leaves and liquids. Almost cover meat with liquid. Bring to the boil and simmer very slowly, uncovered for 2.5 – 3 hours, depending on the size of meat pieces. Scrape the bottom of the pan, prevent sticking.
- If you find the meat is cooked, but there is to much sauce, remove the meat with a slotted soon and reduce the liquid.
Throughout the Tar10 range I am inspired to create gluten and preservative free products using only the freshet Australian ingredients. I am passionate about my range and I really hope that you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed creating them. - Melanie