Pear & Seville Orange Marmalade Cake
Cook up a spring fling in the kitchen with this delicious cake.
700g pears – pealed and diced into 3cm peices
1 cup ground almond meal
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
200g softened butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
3 fresh eggs
80ml brandy or almond liqueur
20 whole pecans
2 tblsp instant coffee
- Pre heat oven to 140 degrees
- Grease and line a 22cm cake tin.
- Place the diced pears in the liqueur to marinate for at least 1/2 hour in advance.
- Combine the almond meal, flour and baking powder in a bowl add a generous pinch of salt, stir to combine.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a separate bowl until light and creamy.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time, adding a spoonful of the flour mixture with each addition.
- Fold in the remaining flour and marmalade and the liquid from the pairs gently fold in the pears last.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Arrange the pecans around the top of the cake and sprinkle with the coffee granuals.
- Bake for 45mins then cover with foil to prevent burning.
- Cook for a further 45mins or until cooked.
- Serve with cream, ice cream or both.
Throughout the Tar10 range I am inspired to create gluten and preservative free products using only the freshet Australian ingredients. I am passionate about my range and I really hope that you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed creating them. - Melanie